chicken wire news
Manchester physicists pioneer new super-thin technology
This story announces that physicists at The University of Manchester and The Max-Planck Institute in Germany have created a new kind of a membrane that is only one atom thick -describing it as "a gauze of carbon atoms resembling chicken wire".
NYT > Poultry
- New Rules Say Poultry Plants Can Conduct Own Checks
Critics are saying the updated regulations would keep chicken-processing lines running too fast, creating conditions for worker injuries and food-safety failures.
- Weak Links in China?s Food Chain
The OSI Group, one of the top meat producers in the United States with more than $6 billion in sales and about 20,000 employees in 17 countries, is enveloped in a food safety scandal in China.
- Briefing: Foster Farms Recalls Chicken Linked to Salmonella
Foster Farms, a California chicken producer, has issued a recall for 170 different chicken products after being linked to an outbreak of an antibiotic-resistant strain of salmonella.
- Pan-Roasted Duck Shows Off a Cherry-Sweet Side
Muscovy duck breast is as easy to cook as steak, and makes for an elegant dinner any night of the week.
- Fried Chicken, in Butter Form
A spread combines seasoned, rendered chicken fat, sweet cream butter and maple syrup.
- An Acidic Wine Calls for Duck and Rhubarb
The rhubarb plays off rosy, meaty duck magret rimmed with creamy fat.
- Inventive Kitchen Mixes Chocolate and Chicken
The creators of Umami Burger are hoping to create yet another new taste at ChocoChicken in Los Angeles.
- American Meat Plants Said to Face Shortages of Inspectors
The shortfalls, linked to slow hiring in a new Agriculture Department program, raise the possibility that contaminated products could reach consumers.
- Chick-fil-A Commits to Stop Sales of Poultry Raised With Antibiotics
The company said that consumer demand prompted the change, and that it did not know whether antibiotic-free chicken would cost consumers more.
- China: Chicken Sales Suspended Over Concerns About Avian Flu
As the Chinese get ready for Lunar New Year feasts, several areas in China have banned the sale of live chickens, as fears grew over the spread of avian influenza.
Home | chicken wire information | chicken netting news | chicken wire jokes | contact us